BioPerine® is a patented bioavailability enhancer extracted from black pepper fruits.
BioPerine® Capsules Benefits
- Enhances absorption of Curcumin (ref)*
- Enhances absorption of Beta Carotene (ref)*
- Enhances absorption of CoQ10 (ref)*
- Enhances Iron, Resveratrol, Selenium, and Vitamin B6 (ref)*
- Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the U.S. FDA (ref)*
BioPerine® Capsules Benefits
Black Pepper fruit (Piper nigrum), also known as piperine, has been standardized by Sabinsa Co. into their formula BioPerine® which contains a minimum of 95% extracted piperine (1)
BioPerine® has undergone clinical studies and enhances absorption of nutrients by approximately 30% (2). Piperine affects the metabolism of various medications and supplements via intestinal absorption and by inhibiting detoxification enzymes in phase II and the glucuronidation process of substances in the liver. Piperine also slows the intestinal transit rate and allows the intestines to breakdown substances more slowly, so they stay in the body for longer periods of time to aid absorption (4).
BioPerine® can aid the absorption of herbal extracts (such as Curcuma longa, Boswellia serrata, Withania somnifera, Gingko Biloba and capsicum annum), fat-soluble vitamins (such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K), water-soluble vitamins (such as Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Niacinamide, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C Folic acid), antioxidants (such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lycopene, pine bark bioflavonoids, lutein/zeaxanthin, zinc, germanium, selenium), amino acids (such as, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, phenylalanine, methionine), and minerals (such as iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, vanadium, chromium, iodine, manganese, potassium, magnesium, copper) (4).
BioPerine® Capsules Dosage
Pure Nootropics offers BioPerine® Capsules which provides 10 mg per 1 capsule. Suggested use for adults is 1 capsule by mouth taken with a supplement of choice.
BioPerine® Capsules Side Effects & Toxicity
BioPerine® is generally well tolerated and is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the U.S. FDA (5).
If you are taking any medications, herbs, or supplements, please consult with your healthcare practitioner as the enhanced bioavailability of some medications, herbs, and supplements may be advised against.
For further information, please see our References Tab above.
The references below are not meant to imply that any of our products treat, cure, or diagnose any disease or human condition. References to clinical studies and pre-clinical studies may use varying dosages and may not represent the dosages or subsequent results of products we sell; however, the references provided are pertinent to the subject supplement itself. References provided are intended for research and informational purposes only and do not represent the entire body of knowledge available on the subject(s) referenced; nor do they represent all possible outcomes associated with the subject(s) referenced including, but not limited to, adverse effects, precautions, or chemical interactions within the human body. The Content provided on this website is not intended to be a replacement for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Never ignore the advice of a medical professional or delay in attaining professional advice because of information or impressions you gather on this website. Choosing to rely on any information provided by the Content of this website is solely at your own risk. We encourage our audience to do their own research beyond the resources we have provided so your decision is as educated as possible.
• Enhances absorption of Curcumin*
• Enhances absorption of Beta Carotene*
• Enhances absorption of CoQ10*
• Enhances Iron, Resveratrol, Selenium, and Vitamin B6*
“Research Highlights.” Bio Perrine, www.bioperine.com/index.php/researchhighlight.
• Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the U.S. FDA*
“GRAS- affirmed.” Bio Perrine, https://www.bioperine.com/index.php/gras-affirmed.
1. “Research Highlights.” Bio Perrine, www.bioperine.com/index.php/researchhighlight.
2. “About BioPerine.” Bio Perrine, www.bioperine.com/index.php/aboutbioperine.
3. “Black Pepper.” Examine.com, published Jul 11, 2013. Last updated Sep 24, 2018. https://examine.com/supplements/black-pepper/.
4. “Salient Features.” Bio Perrine, https://www.bioperine.com/index.php/salientfeatures.
5. “GRAS- affirmed.” Bio Perrine, https://www.bioperine.com/index.php/gras-affirmed.