An Introduction to Nootropics
– The word ‘Nootropic’ was established in 1972 by Corneliu E. Giurgea (a Romanian psychologist and chemist) who initially was looking for a cure for motion sickness
– ‘Nootropic’ comes from the Greek words ‘nous’ meaning mind, and ‘tropo’ meaning to bend or turn
– Nootropics are considered smart drugs as they can improve cognitive functions, including; motivation, memory, creativity and problem solving
What are Natural Nootropics?
– Natural Nootropics are supplements or ‘add-ons’ that are to be taken alongside a healthy lifestyle (natural nootropics may include vitamins or minerals)
– Each Natural Nootropic can affect your body in its own unique way. Keep in mind that each ingredient affects each individual person differently; It’s important to find the right Natural Nootropic for you
– Natural nootropics are no different from what you’d referred to as ‘natural herbs’ or ‘natural remedies’; they are naturally-occurring elements, often from plants, that when ingested can provide cognitive enhancing effects
– Natural Nootropics may be less potent than other synthetic Nootropics created in laboratories but provide benefits that the synthetic ones can’t match
– Because Natural Nootropics are harvested from nature, they are usually much cheaper than pharmaceutical analogues
– Whether you are looking for a fat-burners, anti-stress remedies or something to kick start your motivation as you make your mundane daily commute, a Natural Nootropic is definitely a #LifeHack you need to check out …
1. Bacopa Monnieri
– Improved memory retention and learning ability
– Improved attention and focus
– Feel happier and perform better
– Improved general health, reduced stress and anxiety
– Increased overall cognitive performance, reduced anxiety & depression
Life Hack: Reduce Anxiety
Bacopa Monnieri is one of the most prevalent Natural Nootropics. It acts as a memory and anxiety aid, but effects usually take 6-8 weeks to kick in, this is a great example of a Natural Nootropic that is good to take daily, and an ingredient included in many popular nootropic blends. Anti-anxiety Nootropics are usually borderline sedative, however many users report that Bacopa Monnieri works “in the background” so that you don’t feel like you’re under the influence.
– Ashwagandha has been used for 3000 years to reduce anxiety and stress
– Decreases Amount of Cortisol in the brain
– Increased Power Output and Endurance
– Elements of focus and attention can be improved with use of Ashwagandha
– Reduces bad food cravings due to stress
– Ashwagandha has a powerful anti-inflammatory active constituent
Life Hack: De-Stress
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb, part of the nightshade family, and is popular in Ayurvedic medicine and has been used for more than 2,500 years. In India, Ashwagandha is known as the “strength of the stallion” because it has traditionally been used to strengthen the immune system after illness. It has also been referred to as “Indian ginseng” because of its ability to enhance your stamina and work as a natural stress reliever.
3. Rhodiola Rosea
– Promotes a healthy mood
– May increase physical stamina
– Promotes healthy energy levels
– Supports neuro-motor function and mental stamina
Life Hack: Burn Fat
Also known as “golden root,” the Rhodiola Rosea is an adaptogenic herb with tremendous fat-burning, energy-enhancing, and brain-boosting power. Adaptogens including Rhodiola are a group of plants that can help your body adapt to physical, chemical, and environmental stress. Rhodiola is one of the most effective plants in this family, due to containing active compounds like Rosoavin that have the ability to help balance the stress hormone, cortisol.
4. Mucuna Pruriens — L-Dopa
– Assists in the management of stress
– Supports healthy sexual function in men
– Ayurvedic treatment
Life Hack: Stay Happy
Mucuna pruriens, a tropical legume also known as velvet bean, has been used by ancient healers and is making waves in the scientific community. Ayurvedic herbal medicine has relied on Mucuna pruriens since 1500 BC to support ailments such as snakebite, intestinal disorders, sexual response, and mood enhancement. Mucuna pruriens has significant antioxidant action that works in tandem with L-dopa to promote brain health. When L-dopa crosses the blood-brain barrier, it helps to increase brain levels of dopamine, an essential neurotransmitter associated with regulating mood and cognition.
5. Ginkgo Biloba
– Overall mental functioning
– Supports attention and concentration
– Provides antioxidant support
Life Hack: Make the right choice
Ginkgo Biloba has been a part of Traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Sourced from the Ginkgo tree, which in some areas lives for over 1000 years, this herb has been treated as a health tonic to support mental clarity, improve circulation, and boost libido.
Are you looking to take control of your life and finally get some clarity? It has since been reported that Ginkgo Biloba increases oxygen flow to the brain which improves efficiency and mental clarity. It can also increase oxygen to the muscles and improve circulation, help support memory recall and increase serotonin which in result allows for more clarity and control in decision making throughout your day to day lives.