How can Nootropics improve my Overall Health?
– Nootropics are considered cognitive enhancers as they can improve cognitive functions including: motivation, memory, creativity, problem solving, as well as helping enhance mood, and improve libido and endurance.
– The effects of Nootropics are fairly mild, and not meant to be stimulants. This means you don’t feel any come up or comedown down; they aim to take your ‘base level’ of cognitive and physical performance and enhance it.
Racetams (one of the favorites)
– All Racetams are derived from the king: Piracetam. After being synthesized in the early 1970s, Piracetam quickly took its place at the vanguard of the Nootropic movement.
– Piracetam provides a wide range of cognitive benefits, including: neuroprotection, improvement of general cognition, and support for age related cognitive decline.
– Even though Piracetam is not extremely potent, it can create feelings of mood enhancement, reduced anxiety, and even improves focus and concentration.
– More often than not, a Racetam is a great base for a solid Nootropic stack. Users often add other Nootropics to enhance the effects of a Racetam, including a Cholinergic.
Choline (usually paired with a Racetam)
– Choline is a water-soluble essential nutrient that has extreme importance for the health of cell membranes. It is an essential part of every person’s diet because it is the precursor for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. This neurotransmitter is responsible for memory and muscle control.
– Choline alone has the power to impact cognitive ability greatly as evidenced by a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2011.
– Choline isn’t usually used by itself in the nootropic landscape, but it’s a very common addition to other nootropics, especially racetams. This is because choline is a precursor of acetylcholine — and racetams work in large part by modulating the release of the acetylcholine. Without adequate levels of choline in your brain, the rest of your nootropics may not work as well.
– Choline was once classified as vitamin B4 but has since been reclassified as an essential nutrient and is metabolized by the body into acetylcholine.
Nootropics for your Mind
– Piracetam: Piracetam is the one of the first and one of the most well researched nootropics used for improved cognitive abilities. It has shown to enhance memory and supports age-related neuro protection.
– Acetyl L-Carnitine: Acetyl L-carnitine or ALCAR, is a form of the micronutrient L-carnitine. It is shown to support brain function and provide neuroprotection.
– Alpha GPC 50%: Alpha GPC is a cholinergic compound found in the brain and is a precursor to acetylcholine; it is one of the highest bioavailable forms of Choline.
– CDP Choline: CDP Choline (Citicoline) is used with and for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It is an efficient source of choline that provides neuroprotective benefits and may improve memory and mental energy.
– Choline Bitartrate: Choline Bitartrate is a cost effective form of Choline that provides total body health support, including facilitating nervous system and brain function and counteracting age-related cognitive decline.
Nootropics for your Body
– Attack any workout, run, ride or swim with a healthy body and strong mind.
– Krill Oil: Krill Oil provides cognitive and heart benefits and helps with joint pain: A great source of Omega 3’s (DHA & EPA), and Astaxanthin.
– Phenylpiracetam: Phenylpiracetam is a powerful cognitive enhancer for memory and also has physical stimulant like properties for increased locomotor activity (distance and velocity).
– Sulbutiamine: Sulbutiamine is a synthetic version of Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) that was designed to cross the blood brain barrier more easily than its derived counterpart. It has stimulant like properties to reduce fatigue and promote wakefulness.
– KSM-66® Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha Extract for enhanced mood and reduction of stress. It also has a powerful anti-inflammatory active constituent and is used for increased power output and endurance.